Cambridge Vermont is a town in Lamoille County. Cambridge includes the village of Jeffersonville. There are three covered bridges in the area: Cambridge Junction Covered Bridge, Gates Farm Covered Bridge, and Scott Covered Bridge.
Cambridge and neighboring Johnson were together known as the King's College Tract, being created by Lieutenant Governor Cadwallader Colden by authority of British King George III in 1764. The King's College Tract was reserved for the eventual establishment of a university on the site. The place name "Cambridge" suggests Cambridge University in England. Johnson, the other town in the King's College Grant, was named for William Samuel Johnson.
Both the St. Johnsbury & Lake Champlain Railroad and the Burlington & Lamoille Railroad passed through the town. The railway served as a vital east-west transportation corridor from 1877 till its closing in 1994. After an extensive review process, the state determined that a proposal from the Vermont Association of Snow Travelers (VAST) to convert the railway into a 4-season recreational trail was the best use of this important asset – and the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail was born. Currently a partnership of VTrans and VAST, managed by the LVRTC, is focused on the trail's rehabilitation and realization.