Mother Nature has blessed Vermont with lots of snow and picture-perfect winter scenery this year. With February just around the corner, there is no better time to plan a getaway to Smugglers’ Notch Resort. In addition to all the skiing and boarding you could want, Smuggs offers so many activities that every member of your family can have a special adventure. Think tubing, snowshoeing, zip lines, FunZone, bonfires, and so much more.
Each month the resort also plans a number of special events. How about a Super Bowl watch party on February 2? Settle in to your seats in front of a gigantic television screen and enjoy a half-time Super Sunday Snack Buffet with all your favorite munchies! Doors open at 6:00 pm in the lower level of the Meeting House. Game time 6:30 pm.
With Presidents’ Day and Valentine’s Day falling on the same weekend this year, Smugglers’ Notch Resort has pulled together events to please romantic couples as well as families vacationing over the school break. Take advantage of the resort’s Valentine’s Day Special on February 14. Purchase one adult, full-day, 3-Mountain ticket, and receive one full-day ticket (of equal or lesser value) FREE! Plus, receive a fabulous Lake Champlain Chocolate for you and your valentine to share. (Tickets must be used on Feb. 14.)
Other events over the President’s Day week include:
• Smugglers’ Notch Distillery Tastings (Feb. 13, 14, 15) – stop by the Village Pizzeria for tastings of these award-winning spirits. (Also Feb. 20-22 & 27-29) 21+ only
• Family Fun Race (Feb. 15, 16) – Who’s the fastest in your family? Find out on the timed race course. (Also Feb. 1, 2, 8, 9, 22, 23, 29)
• Never Summer Demo Tour (Feb. 16) – Come check out some of the most durable, high performance boards on the planet. 11 am – 2 pm (Parking Lot 1)
• Boyden Valley Winery Sampling (Feb. 16) – Sample Glogg, a mulled spice wine served warm in a mug. Perfect for chilly Vermont nights! 11am – 2pm, 21+ only. (Green Peppers Deck at the Madonna/Sterling Base Lodge)
• Dueling Pianos (Feb. 17) – Each show is different because it's all request and you or your friends might even get called up on stage for a bit of good humored fun and some unforgettable YouTube moments. Dueling piano shows are request oriented, interactive sing-a-long shows wherein two piano players sit across from each other and trade songs. 9-11 pm, 21+ only (Lower Level of the Meeting House)
• Vermont Specialty Food Tasting (Feb. 18) – Stroll through the Village Courtyard and sample delicious food products made from local ingredients. Purchase your favorites to take the taste of Vermont home with you. 11 am – 4 pm
• Smugglers’ Notch X Weston Demo (Feb. 22-23) – Catch the trusty Weston crew at the base of Madonna & Sterling Mountains for the extra special 2 DAY chance to demo their award winning lineup of snowboards, splitboards, and skis! 9 am – 3 pm (Madonna / Sterling Mountain Base Lodge)
Other events scheduled for February include:
• Headliners Comedy Club (Feb 10 & 24) – See two of Boston and New York's funniest comics live! Each show hosted by either Rob Steen or Jody Sloane. 9 - 11 pm, 21+ only (Bootleggers’ Lounge)
• Extreme Challenge (Feb 29 – Mar 1) – The Smugglers' Notch Ski and Snowboard Club hosts this exciting event - an opportunity for junior and adult freeskiers and riders to show their big mountain skiing on the most difficult terrain the East has to offer. Spectators will be treated to a birds eye view from Madonna I lift or watch from a roped off area easily accessed from midstation. 9 am – 4pm (Madonna Mountain Lift Line)
For more details or to make reservations at the resort, visit the Smugglers’ Notch website. February is the perfect time to head to Vermont. Don’t miss out on all the fun planned at Smugglers’ Notch!